Bondi Sands Tan | Review

21 July 2016


Two weeks ago I told you all about my bad experience with Vita Liberata's Nkd Skn tan (which you can read here), and after having this tan fail I was back on the hunt for the perfect tan for summer.

I fake tan quite frequently throughout the year as I'm so pale, but tanning definitely takes a step up on my weekly routine in the summer. Don't want people being blinded by my ghost legs now, do I! So, after hearing so many people rave about Bondi Sands, I decided it was probably time I saw what all the fuss was about.

The tan retails at around £15 which I was cautious about spending on a tan that, like Nkd Skn, might not work well for me. However, after hearing so many good reviews and having a recommendation from a friend, I decided to go for it... and praise the lord, I think I've found my new fave tan!


Bondi Sands is an Australian tan that has finally made it's way across the pond to the UK, and is known for smelling like coconuts and giving a gorgeous, Australian-esque tan. In my opinion the smell is exactly like the alcoholic drink Malibu, and it is quite strong so if you don't like Malibu this tan might not be for you, unless you want to grin and bear it! I don't mind the smell so much, it's quite strong at first but you soon get used to it.

I got the mousse version in dark as I prefer using mousse tans, and I have to say I really am impressed! It gave a gorgeous and quite natural looking tan after being washed off after just 2 hours from application. It also doesn't smell like digestives which is brilliant, and the tan was still fading 5 days later and wasn't patchy, so the last time is fab!

Another thing I like about the Bondi Sands tan is that you can deepen the tan by applying another layer after half an hour, perfect for a night out or if you just want a bit more of a deeper colour!

Also, I normally get medium coloured tans, but the dark shade in this tan is perfect for me which was surprising with my fair skin.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this tan and it's totally worth the money! I will definitely be repurchasing when my current bottle runs out.


What about you? Have you tried anything from Bondi Sands before? If so, what did you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

Lucy x

Comments

Contributors